RHS Campaign for School Gardening
I’ve always loved gardening at school and at home. My gardening teacher, Sarah Hunter signed up to the RHS Campaign for School Gardening and started to follow their advice, support and tips. Sarah put me forward for their Young School Gardener of the Year Award in 2014 and I won !
Here’s the original ‘award winning’ video, filmed in June 2014 – enjoy!
I have been a young volunteer at Operation Farm since I was 4; alongside other kids, adults and people with learning disabilities:
- Working in the community allotment
- Working in the community orchard
- Harvesting fruit and pressing it
- Kids cooking sessions
- Natural craft sessions & Forest School activities –I lead on nature walks, teaching conkers, wheelbarrow rides, human fruit machine and leaf throwing using a parachute
- I like to get very dirty!!
Operation Farm is a community organisation in Tameside promoting engagement, involvement and enjoyment of food and growing. We improve wellbeing and share skills through community events, course, learning session and activities.